To be a successful entrepreneur you must have a perfect blend of innate abilities and learned skills that must be juxtaposed and contrary to one another.
There are 52 posts published under professional.
I don’t know much about Donald Trump. I’ve never seen an episode of The Apprentice. I’ve been to New York but never stop to see any of the many buildings that he owns (which is almost all of New York). But I’ve got to tell you I really do like the guy.
I’ve read The Art of the Comeback and thought he is a gutsy, tell it like it is, hard working dude! Today I read Think Like a Billionaire and…he really is! (Yes I read the entire book in one day, why because I had an appointment at the hair salon. ‘An appointment’ means ‘all day’ in the African American hair salon! Ugh!)
Anyho, his books are interesting reads. They always inspire me to a new way of thinking.Here are his top 10 ways of thinking like a billionaire:
1. Don’t take vacations-do the job you love and then you can take your job everywhere. Good point! check
2. Have a short attention span. He says most successful people have a very short attention spans. check
3. Don’t sleep any more than you have to. Trump goes to bed at 1am and is up by 5. He asked his successful friends who sleep 10 hours a night, “How can you compete against people like me if I sleep only 4 hours?” I would love to hang out with this aggressive, arrogant, go-getter! check
4. Don’t depend on technology. Donald Trump says he has NEVER used a ATM card in his life!! He also said email is for wimps, if you have something important to say look them in the eye or call them on the phone. I’ll probably never check off this “technology” challenge. The more my business grows the more I depend on it…sigh
5. Think of yourself as a one-man army. Many of us moms can check that one off with a big bold mark!
6. It’s often to your advantage to be underestimated. I love this concept and recognize the power of this early in life. check
7. Success breeds success. What Donald says here is true; the best way to impress people is through results. If you have not had any successes yet, then you have to create the impression of success.
I was laughing today thinking about how all of the Tweeters and Facebookers are announcing their every action to get attention. A good majority of them are “creating the illusion” of success. I’m sorry I just can’t do this one. I’m satisfied with my life, I’m living on purpose, my 5 children are healthy, my husband is fulfilled, and pleasing God is my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night. So I don’t have to Tweet about my volunteer work, my 17 71 clients (numbers have to be big!), my number of followers, etc to draw attention to my success.
I know, it’s a poor marketing decision especially in our materialist culture….but I’m happy. Purposely NOT checking this one.
8. Friends are good, but family is better. Amen! check
9. Treat each decision like a lover. In other words: each decision should be handled differently, according to the needs and situation, so that you “won’t be locked into a rigid system”. check
10. Be curious. Curiosity pays! Yeah I have this one (down to a fault I’ve been told). check
According to this book I am going to become a billionaire!
I really have no desire to be a billionaire, but this is a great read.
What do you think about Donald Trump? Leave a comment.
Check out his other books.
When forecasting sales for your new business where should you go to get figures?
Sending cards to your clients during the holiday season should be part of your marketing plan. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that the cards need to have special embossing and look expensive. If you didn’t order them early enough or can’t afford them don’t sweat it.
According to psycologists there are nine basic motives to which everyone responds. These nine influence practicially every human thought or action. They are:
Power & Fame
Anger & Revenge
These circulate, consciously or unconsciously, in your mind and control what you choose to do and what you refrain from doing.
As a woman who has decided to go against the grain of society and stay home with your children AND try your hand at entrepreneurship at the same time, what is motivating you? Be honest with yourself; it doesn’t matter how “spiritual” you are, these nine motivators are part of the human psyche and keep us going, for good or bad. When you are conscious, awake, self-examining you can make these work out for your good.