Today on my blog talk radio show I interviewed Alison Kelly of KnowingAngels.com. After a debilitating life threatening disease Alison surrendered to her calling of helping people learn how to hear their angles and find their spiritual paths.
On this interview she tells her story and gives great tips on how to develop your intuition. It is a MUST LISTEN. Click on the link to hear.
Nursing her cranky baby “almost 24 hours a day!” Jenny Isenman wrote funny articles about him just to stay sane. She wanted to be a published writer and so she kept that in mind as she wrote her articles in columnist style. She also used Facebook to help her keep sane and quickly realized the power of social media!
So she started Suburban Jungle and “harassed” her Facebook followers to go read it. She went after her dreams.
In less then a year, she has a bi-weekly column at IVillage and is a contributing writer for Sunsentinel and Citymommy.com. She’s also featured in the book See Mom Run
Check out our conversation on my blogtalk radio show, For Powerful Women Only! Here she gives business tips and a few laughs!
I don’t know much about Donald Trump. I’ve never seen an episode of The Apprentice. I’ve been to New York but never stop to see any of the many buildings that he owns (which is almost all of New York). But I’ve got to tell you I really do like the guy.
I’ve read The Art of the Comeback and thought he is a gutsy, tell it like it is, hard working dude! Today I read Think Like a Billionaire and…he really is! (Yes I read the entire book in one day, why because I had an appointment at the hair salon. ‘An appointment’ means ‘all day’ in the African American hair salon! Ugh!)
Anyho, his books are interesting reads. They always inspire me to a new way of thinking.Here are his top 10 ways of thinking like a billionaire:
1.Don’t take vacations-do the job you love and then you can take your job everywhere. Good point! check
2. Have a short attention span. He says most successful people have a very short attention spans. check
3. Don’t sleep any more than you have to. Trump goes to bed at 1am and is up by 5. He asked his successful friends who sleep 10 hours a night, “How can you compete against people like me if I sleep only 4 hours?” I would love to hang out with this aggressive, arrogant, go-getter! check
4. Don’t depend on technology. Donald Trump says he has NEVER used a ATM card in his life!! He also said email is for wimps, if you have something important to say look them in the eye or call them on the phone. I’ll probably never check off this “technology” challenge. The more my business grows the more I depend on it…sigh
5. Think of yourself as a one-man army. Many of us moms can check that one off with a big bold mark!
6. It’s often to your advantage to be underestimated. I love this concept and recognize the power of this early in life. check
7. Success breeds success. What Donald says here is true; the best way to impress people is through results. If you have not had any successes yet, then you have to create the impression of success.
I was laughing today thinking about how all of the Tweeters and Facebookers are announcing their every action to get attention. A good majority of them are “creating the illusion” of success. I’m sorry I just can’t do this one. I’m satisfied with my life, I’m living on purpose, my 5 children are healthy, my husband is fulfilled, and pleasing God is my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night. So I don’t have to Tweet about my volunteer work, my 17 71 clients (numbers have to be big!), my number of followers, etc to draw attention to my success.
I know, it’s a poor marketing decision especially in our materialist culture….but I’m happy. Purposely NOT checking this one.
8. Friends are good, but family is better. Amen! check
9. Treat each decision like a lover. In other words: each decision should be handled differently, according to the needs and situation, so that you “won’t be locked into a rigid system”. check
10. Be curious. Curiosity pays! Yeah I have this one (down to a fault I’ve been told). check
According to this book I am going to become a billionaire!
I really have no desire to be a billionaire, but this is a great read.
What do you think about Donald Trump? Leave a comment.
Order an autographed copy of Mom Entrepreneur Extraordinaire
This comprehensive resource features from top experts, including a chapter by Teisha! ORDER A COPY
Need a Professional Speaker to Wow Your Next Event?
I would love to motivate, inspire and teach your group on women's issues, entrepreneurship or homeschooling! EMAIL ME!
Connect with Lady T
"Lady T knows how to draw things out of you that you didn't know you had.She's a gifted teacher and coach who knows how to ask the right question. With her as your coach you'll definitely prosper. She is absolutely amazing!!"