There are many people who plan to start a home base business where they will entertain clients. This is very economical and convenient. A masseuse, photographer, piano teacher, accountant can all save themselves lots of time and money when they allow clients to come to them as opposed to them driving around town going to clients.
However, there are some factors to consider before deciding whether or not to use your home to receive clients.
- Do the local ordinances and laws legally allow you to receive clients into your home?
- Can you provide bathrooms suitable for clients?
- Do you have ample parking?
- Do you need (or have) a separate entrance for customers?
- Will you have enough space to showcase your products?
- Will you need to spruce up your home’s exterior and interior appearance?
There are many tax benefits of having a home based business; you internet service, your computer, a dedicated phone line, a percentage of the mortgage and utilities can all be written off. But the biggest benefit is having the option of seeing your clients right in your home office. You can leave the bed, go to the bathroom and see your client all in 20 minutes. And then go right back to bed!
I love America.