What are your intentions? It’s the blueprint for your reality.Your intentions become the energy force that will ultimately create your reality. You can strengthen your energy force by what you say, what you write, what you visiualize and who you connect with. And even though things may not work out PERFECTLY as you have planned your INTENTIONS will always come forth!
Today we went and picked out a foster dog from our local Humane Society. The kids have been asking for one but I’ve been to busy with kids and travels to consent. So my answer has always been, “We’ll get one when the youngest is 8.” Then I had another baby. And another and another. NOT on purpose of course but it has been convenient!
Basically, I’ve put off our getting a dog for almost two decades.
But my youngest is soon to be 9 and they kept bringing up the topic.
When we went to pick her up I asked if she was neutered and the kids later asked me, “What does that mean?”
And do you know what? I truly had no words for a definition. For a second the image of a dog furiously humping on someone’s leg came to mind and I thought, “I can’t say that.” I’ve heard stories of dogs in heat and howling all night and jumping out of windows to go “get some” but again I thought “I can’t say that!”
So I had no words except, “I don’t know how to explain it.” My children’s faces were in shock! The professional speaker who reads a book a week and explains math, grammar (or whatever topic) ad nauseum couldn’t explain this?!
But I truly had no explanation.
What about other questions that our children ask and we have no answer for them? Maybe it’s because they are too young to understand. Maybe you DON’T want to answer because the answer is too complicated and when you finish with your eloquent synopsis they are just going to follow up with “Can I have a cookie?” Or maybe you really don’t have the answer.
In either case here are some great phrases to stall for time:
- A. “Hmmm, I don’t know how to explain it. Let’s look it up.”
- B. “Good question, I need to think about how to answer that. Ask me again tomorrow. Want a cookie?”
- C. “That’s interesting, why do you ask?”
- D. “That’s a great question! What are your thoughts?” Followed by either A, B, or C and then “Want a cookie?”
When you are ready to address the question just come back with, “By the way I was thinking about the question that you asked me. Do you still want an answer?” Some children will and some will not, but in either case you’ve respect for your child by returning to the subject.
BTW, the question, “Want a cookie?” is a great question to follow up with any kid of any age!
Have you had any difficult questions from your children lately? How did you handle it? Leave a comment below
You don’t have to defend yourself or email me telling me how wonderful you are as a mother and how much quality time you spend with your children. I’m not judging. We are all doing the best that we can where we are. Including me. So I PROMISE I’m not judging you and I BEG of you not to judge me.
Besides I speak to (literally) 100s of corporate women ever month who are sent to my training to be better managers and executives. They talk to me in private “coaching” sessions and cry to me about how much they love their jobs and yet they are not happy about what’s going on in their homes. I understand their struggle without judgement them and I tell them to do “what you must in order to protect and guide your children”. YOU will be better off for it in the long run.
If you must:
- Quit your job (after you find another).
- Cut down on your hours.
- Ask for a demotion.
- Go to an hourly wage instead of a salary where you are REQUIRED to work until it’s done.
- Ask to be transferred to a different city where the cost of living may be cheaper and life is slower.
- Downsize your living expenses so that you are not feeling powerless over money.
- If you are a single parent, move in with your parents.Teach you children how to respect the grandparents’ house of course, but this can save you hundreds of dollars a month.
- Start a business on the side with the plans to quit your job!
I beg of you, who have been given charge over the Souls of little ones to RAISE YOUR CHILDREN. Stop letting the video games and TV and friends and cell phones take over the minds and hearts of your children because you are too tired or busy. If I see another 6yr with a cell phone I’m going to…I don’t know what I’m going to do!! But how ridiculous is it to put the whole sick, perverted WORLD into the hands of a child? Are these parents even THINKING!? NO they are following!
Mommies you must see yourself as
- A Fighter of your children hearts.
- A Protector of their minds.
- A Preserver of their innocence.
- A Director of their moral Compass.
- An Overseer of their intellect.
- A Companion in their life journey.
- A Warrior of your home.
Yes that’s a lot and that means making some changes. When you view yourself this way-instead of one who has to work to pay the bills; when you see yourself in this light it means you will go against the grain of society that says, “relax, they’ll be okay. stop being a control freak. Anyway, have you seen Shades of Grey? It was such a love story! Did your teenager see it? OMG it was so romantic!”
The world we live in is sick. If you are too busy caught up in DaMan’s business while murmuring, “I owe, I owe so off to work I go.” you are creating problems for your children today that will multiply themselves for you tomorrow. People will say the children are ok and well-adjusted because they’ve learned to sit still in classrooms, bottled up the twisted perverted images they are getting from technology and stifle their need for you because they know you “have to” go to work and you’re “too tired”. And honestly, you can sat that is well-adjusted in a sick society.
Don’t try to create well-adjusted kids. Don’t you try to be “well-adjusted” either. Stop following the crowd and do what YOU know is right to do for the Souls of the ones who have been entrusted to you.
I help women set up a strategy to start a business that allows them to quit their job. If you are ready to get started then contact me. We can do a 40min complimentary coaching session where you can test me out and see if I’m a good fit for you. If so let’s get your business up and going ASAP. But I deal with woman who are serious about moving their life forward for the sake of their children. Contact me. Teishaspeaks400 at gmail.com
Run Your Own Business & Raise Your Own Children!TM
I just hung up the phone after talking with my mastermind group of 4 very busy, go getting mompreneurs. One thing we all struggle with, whether we have one child or eight, is the lack of undivided attention that we give to our businesses.
As busy moms we sometimes find ourselves going back and forth between family and business several times a day. When you diversify your energy you don’t ceate enough momentum to really generate fast manifestations of your desires. This leads to frustration because even though you are busy you still are not seeing the results fast enough to keep you motivated.
If you are ready to see some results you must put your ATTENTION on the thing you want to manifest. Attention is focused energy. When you focus your:
- mental (think on it)
- spiritual (pray on it)
- emotional (get excited about it)
- physical (take committed action on it)
then your desire will manifest much faster.
When you call other people’s attention to it (a strategic marketing strategy)….ahhh, now you’re cooking.
Where attention goes, energy flows.
Focus your attention for 30 days;
- Decide what you want to manifest within the next 4-6 months.
- Set aside dedicated, concentrated time.
- Start that time out with prayer, a meditation and a visualiztion. But don’t spend more than 10 min doing this. Sometimes we use this as a procrastination technique. And anyway your time is limited you can’t use up half of your work time sitting still.
- Write down what you want to create in one sentence.
- Now do the work. If you only have one hour alotted to this then spend the next 45 minutes in action. Make the calls, write out the plans, create the product, build the website, DO THE WORK.
- Spend the last 5 minutes of your time writing out what you need to do next. Sometimes when i sit down to “do the work” I forget what was last thing I did and what’s the most important thing to do next and then I get distracted by something else, and busy myself with petty work. When my work time is over, I’m frustrated with myself and I haven’t moved forward. Lost momentum.
- Do it again. Everyday. For a month.
- Email me and tell me what happened.
I’m committed to do this myself for the next 30 days. Who’s with me?
How to get out of your logical mind when setting goals and make them more heart-felt and realistic!